I am playing around for years with all major virtualization environments like all VMware products, Microsoft and several xen based solutions. But OpenVZ is the overall winner and I summarize here just a few features which make it perfect for me.
- No special hardware necessary, runs on all of my pc´s and servers
- Fast installation of OpenVZ, approx. 20 min starting from bare metal
- Extremely fast and easy installation of guest´s, within 1 minute
- Open Source licensed with good support from the OpenVZ team
- Online Live migration - YES, it works
- Consistent online backups: see our vzdump